Monday 27 May 2013

In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

'Sailor Moon' was, and still is, one of my best loved manga and anime. A few weeks ago I visited 'Azubajuban' which is the area of Tokyo where the Sailor Moon series is based. I visited the park where various Sailor Moon scenes take place and one of the local shrines that inspired Sailor Mars's shrine. The area was also in walking distance of the iconic 'Tokyo Tower' which features in so many anime and manga series. Sadly, due to it being a national holiday, it was too busy for me to go up it that day. However, I can go back another time to visit the observation deck.



Akihabara is a great place in Tokyo to 'geek out'. There are many anime, manga and idol shops and cafes. At the moment there are promotions for the new Sailor Moon figure which I managed to pre-order! We also ate some delicious ramen for lunch and hunted around the anime shops. So excited about the new Sailor Moon anime that is currently in production!
There was also a shop with loads of Studio Ghibli merchandise. I had to resist buying all the 'Kiki's delivery service' goods! 


Other various adventures in Tokyo recently include; hanging out with friends eating and drinking in Korea town, going to a 'fruit pallor' in Ikebukuro to catch-up with an old friend, finding the 'Ben and Jerry's' ice cream store in Harajuku and getting my hands on Kyary Pamyu Pamyu designed adidas trainers! 



xXx

2 comments:

  1. Wahhh miss Tokyo so much!
    Those kyary shoes are amazing :O

    SAMI★SPOON

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well explained. I would like to say that it is very interesting to read your blog.

    umrah packages

    ReplyDelete